In the war on fat, chocolate is not your enemy. If you’re smart about it, it can be a useful weapon. This smoothie, created by sports nutrition specialist Scott Baptie (foodforfitness.co.uk), harnesses the health benefits of 85% cocoa dark chocolate and coconut to help you build a lean, strong body. Enjoy it after a tough workout.
- 20g 85% dark chocolate
- 100ml coconut milk
- 25g scoop whey protein isolate
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 50g raw oats (soaked in 100g water)
1. Dark chocolate is packed with flavonoids, which supply working muscles with oxygen.
2. Coconut milk is calorie- dense, with 140 per 100g to fuel muscle growth.
3. Whey protein isolate is digested quickly for effective muscle repair and growth.
4. Cinnamon improves insulin sensitivity and boosts your ability to focus.
5. Banana provides potassium to improve your bone strength and blood pressure.
6. Oats are high in fibre to keep you feeling full and discourage snacking.