Fruit and veg are the foundation of this tasty smoothie, from nutritionist Gabriella Peacock, to fire up your fat-loss efforts. Blueberries contribute fibre, kale chips in with magnesium while coconut milk provides a tasty richness (and fats to help keep you full).
RECOMMENDED: Smoothie Recipes
- Handful of blueberries: Blueberries are high in fibre, which keeps you feeling full and makes you less tempted to snack
- 2tbsp whey protein: Whey protein contains amino acids that help to balance your blood sugar levels and prevent fat storage.
- 125ml coconut milk: Coconut milk provides fats that help with weight maintenance by boosting your fullness levels.
- 125ml chilled green tea: Green tea is rich in catechins, a type of flavonoid that stimulates the body to burn more calories.
- Pinch of cinnamon: Cinnamon helps reduce the production of insulin – a hormone that turns excess sugar into fat.
- Handful of kale: Kale is a source of magnesium, which plays an important role in protein synthesis for muscle growth.