As every regular gym goer knows, getting your post-workout protein is almost as vital a part of building muscle as lifting the weights themselves. However, glugging down a protein shake every day of the week can become a bit of a chore, no matter how tasty your favourite muscle-building beverage is.
Fortunately, Multipower ambassador Healthy Jon has come up with several different protein delivery mechanisms and this recipe for a chocolate protein mug cake is even quicker and easier than the chocolate protein pancake recipe he shared last year.
Once you’ve assembled all the ingredients and fired up the microwave, you’re only five minutes away from a mini cake that will deliver boatloads of flavour and plenty of protein. Unless you haven’t got a microwave, in which case you need to factor in the time required to get one.
RECOMMENDED: Protein Flapjacks Recipe
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp chocolate 100% whey protein isolate
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp vanilla essence
- Grease a ramekin or small mug.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave on a low power setting.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to the ramekin and heat in the microwave for three minutes at 30% power.
- Remove from the microwave and let the cake stand for at least one minute to cool down a little.
Nutritional information (courtesy of Healthy Jon): Protein 11.4g, calories 190, fat 4.8g, saturated fat 1.4g, unsaturated fat 0.6g, trans fat 0g, carbohydrates 27.5g, sugar 11.6g, fibre 4.0g
Multipower Rich Chocolate Whey Protein Isolate, £69.99 for 1,590g. Buy on multipower.com